Skilled Counsel in Kentucky Medical Malpractice Litigation
Most medical malpractice claims involve one of two kinds of mistakes on the part of a doctor, nurse or hospital: negligent failure to diagnose a medical condition correctly, or negligent treatment. Some cases involve both kinds of mistakes by several medical professionals.
Contact a knowledgeable medical malpractice attorney at the law firm of Gary C. Johnson, PSC, for a free consultation about your legal options if you think that the negligence of a medical professional might have caused or aggravated an injury or an illness.
Call 1.866.606.4316 for a lawyer's advice about medical malpractice
With offices in Pikeville, Hazard and Lexington, we advise and represent clients about their right to damages for medical negligence in many forms, whether they involve mistakes in diagnosis or in treatment. Examples of the kinds of cases we handle include:
- Failure to diagnose the risk of heart attack or stroke
- Failure to diagnose cancer in time to allow for effective treatment
- Diagnostic errors after admission to an emergency room
- Failure to order tests that would identify a medical problem
- Failure to correctly interpret test results
- Diagnosis or treatment errors due to mistakes in handling medical records
- Surgical errors involving anesthesia or postoperative care
- Injuries caused by negligent laparoscopic surgery
- Gall bladder surgery and common bile duct injuries
- Birth injuries due to negligence in the delivery room or in postnatal care
- Serious infections acquired in the hospital
- Mistakes in prescribing medicines or drugs
Our medical malpractice attorneys work closely with experts from many medical specialties in order to determine if a member of your medical team made a mistake which directly resulted in serious health problems or death. Medical malpractice litigation often turns out to be a battle of experts, especially on causation issues, and our experience with the proof of liability in close cases can give you a definite advantage.
We offer free initial consultations in Pikeville, Hazard and Lexington
To learn more about your right to recover damages for the negligent errors of medical professionals, contact the law firm of Gary C. Johnson, PSC, and discuss your situation with an attorney who has the experience necessary to give you sound advice.